Wednesday, May 27, 2009

A Great Checkup!



We had a very good appointment with YouYou's cardiologist yesterday. In fact it was the first time I have left his office feeling better about things than when we went in (and that has nothing to do with Dr. Romp's personality or anything, it's everything to do with the seriousness of her condition)! Not only had YouYou gained a pound and a half, the Dr. said that her right ventricle was pumping SO MUCH better than he had ever seen it pump, her left ventricle looked good also, her valves seemed to be leaking less (which means the medicine she is on is working), her liver and heart were no longer enlarged, AND HE ONLY SAW TWO VSD'S (holes in her heart)!!!! I'm praising God for this good report!!! We are still scheduled to have a heart cath on June 11 but Dr. Romp said he expects that the cath will confirm what he thinks he is seeing in the echo...which is basically that her heart is functioning well right now. I think if she did not already have some damage to her lungs from the pulmonary hypertension he would not even worry about us having the heart cath. But he is trying to protect her lungs from further damage and the only way to be certain that she does not need any further surgeries right now is to get the kind of information that the cath will provide.

Thank you Father for your work of healing in YouYou's heart.

13 comments:

  1. I love this news!! And...that is the cutest umbrella I have ever seen....especially with the cutest girl ever holding it!!

    Love you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is great news! I know it's such a relief!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Awesome news...and an adorable little sweetie!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Such wonderful news! Praise the Lord!!!
    Thank you for the update =)

    ReplyDelete
  5. That is wonderful news!!! She is too cute with that umbrella!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. PRAISE GOD! This is awesome news and we cant wait to see you guys this weekend.

    Love you
    Connie

    ReplyDelete
  7. Praise God for the healing that is taking place in YouYou!!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Yay!!!! What a huge blessing. It was so great to see that precious miracle in person (and her Momma, too.) Praying the cath results come back even better than expected!

    ReplyDelete
  9. So glad to hear this great report. Love y'all! Will be back in the States in Sept/Oct time frame. Would love to meet her if you have time!

    Love you!

    Joie

    ReplyDelete
  10. This is wonderful to hear. I can't help but smile while reading and especially when seeing pictures. You sure have a little cutie in your family. Best wishes and prayers that all will go well with the heart cath.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Praise God! That is great news Erica!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Thank you Jesus....Erica I know you're so thrilled to hear good news!
    We need to TALK!!!!!!!!!!!!
    I'll be calling you...

    ReplyDelete
  13. AMEN!!!!!!! WOO HOO!
    LOVE this news!
    Hugs, Jill

    ReplyDelete