Thursday, June 11, 2009

We've arrived

It's only 6:45 am but it feels like it should be lunch time (we've been up since 3). We arrived here on time, we've been admitted and we're now in our room (502) waiting. YouYou slept the whole way here but she woke up while we were being admitted and the first thing she wanted to do was eat. She pointed to the plate of brownies I brought for the nurses and said "Ma wan dat", which means "Me want that". Then she found the refrigerator in our room and pointed to the ice crystals and then pointed to her mouth, which meant she wanted to eat the ice. Let's just hope they take her back soon because I'm not sure how long she'll stay happy without food or drink. I think the floor here is familiar to her, she seems to know her way around (Neesie is taking her for a walk now). I'll update again once they take her back.

2 comments:

  1. I love you guys! Tell the nurses hello for me :)! AND kiss that sweet little girl for me too!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I just now saw your private blog! Praying for you guy this morning.

    Lily is screaming "YOU YOU" right now as I type this. Glad she is not there..she might want to give her a good bath before surgery!

    Sending kisses..

    ReplyDelete