
"She's so tiny"
"She's sooooo little"
I can't tell you how many times people (usually strangers) say these things to us about YouYou. And it's even worse when they follow the comment by asking how old she is...their jaws usually drop when we say she just turned 3 years old.
You know what I have been saying to people the past month or so? Here are my exact words...
"Actually, no. THIS is chunky"
And I say this with a smile on my face and joy in my heart.
I knew YouYou was gaining weight. I could see it in her face, in the little muscles that have appeared on her arms and legs, and in the crease that she has which defines a little bottom that used to not be there :) This is exactly what the Dr.'s want her to be doing. If she is gaining weight and growing it is a good sign that her heart is functioning well. So imagine how excited I was today when it was confirmed that SHE IS GAINING WEIGHT!!! We had a 3 year "well checkup" with her pediatrician and guess how much she weighs????
TWENTY THREE POUNDS AND TWO OUNCES!!!!!!
That means she has gained a little more than FIVE pounds since the beginning of February (which was when she was first seen and weighed by our pediatrician). She has also grown almost an inch taller! WooHoo!!!
So if you are around us much you might just hear us saying to our little one..."Girl you chunky" :)
Awwww! What incredible news!! That is awesome! She looks great!
ReplyDeleteHugs, Jill
She is chunky and beautiful and perfect!!!
ReplyDeleteAwesome News!!!!!
ReplyDeleteGreat news!!! I wish Sierra would gain weight. She has gained ess than a pound sonce we have been home. She eats like a horse but I think the giardia has taken its toll. She was just treated again so hopefully now she will be rid of the little pests and start getting chunky too!!!!! You You does look awesome!!!!!
ReplyDeleteKathie
Oh wow WAY TO GO YOU YOU!!! I think I have gained 5 pounds since February too!!! LoL....I know you are so pumped Erica!
ReplyDeleteWe will take "chunky" anyday of the week!
ReplyDeleteTo God be the GLORY!
Love you all,
Heather Yell
What a beautiful little chunky girl.
ReplyDeleteThat just sounds mean, but I mean it in the nicest possible way.
I could quote a song from Madagascar 2...but I'll refrain.
ReplyDeleteClara You You, you are one beautiful little "big" girl! ;)
Oh yeah, she's chunky!!! Good for YouYou's mommy for setting those strangers straight!!!
ReplyDeleteAnd she is adorable too! S has gained 5 lbs. and about 4 inches (since Sept.). Our girl as you know was in a *less than ideal* place and was really starving, not just dealing weight issues related to her heart.
It is so humbling to see them grow and be so healthy now!
That's great. been catching up. We go for surgery on the 1st. Hopefully it will happen this time. :-)
ReplyDeleteThat's GREAT! To give you perspective, Katie, who didn't have the heart condition YouYou has, weighs 24.4 pounds at just now 3 years old. :) Okay, maybe by now she weighs 25 pounds? Maybe?
ReplyDeleteNOW, I'm bookmarking this blog! :)
just had to pop over here and say HEY also ... i know Daisy / Joseph will need some chuck added to them !!!! hee hee
ReplyDelete