Thursday, March 26, 2009

Cardiologist check-up






YouYou's first check-up with the cardiologist was on Monday of this week. I'm so thankful that she is such a good car rider since we will be making so many trips to B'ham :) She did great and was not scared at all, but she was a little more "active" during the echo (kind of like an ultrasound) than she was the first time we visited Dr. Romp (this was the time she laid still for at least 20 minutes).

Overall Dr. Romp was very pleased with how YouYou is recovering. Her incision is healing well and her appetite has increased. There are 2 areas of concern at this point though, the leakiness in the mitral and tricuspid valves and the small VSD's (holes) that have appeared since surgery. I have been told it is not highly uncommon for these holes to appear around the patch in VSD's as large as hers, but I still don't like it :( She is on medication that in time will hopefully help decrease the leakiness in the valves, and the Dr. said he "might" be seeing some small improvement since her last echo (but he wants to see more). The not so good part is that because of her type of transposition the Dr.'s cannot really tell the size of the holes through an echo. So...we are scheduled for another heart cath on May 21st (to determine whether or not they see a need for YouYou to undergo another sugery). I asked Dr. Romp if I should just try to get used to the idea of frequent heart cath's in our future, and he said we shouldn't be needing to do them every few months but it is something she will have done more than other children because of her uniquely formed heart.

What does this mean?? Well, this means I'm asking God for a miracle. I'm asking and believing that if it is His will that these holes will either be tee-tiny non problematic holes or that they will be gone entirely! I know God can do this, and I also know that He might choose not to...regardless though I will pray and I will trust Him. Will you join me?

15 comments:

  1. Hey! I've been thinking about you guys and hoping that things are going good....glad to get an update. We'll definitely be joining with you in praying for God's miracles...Sammy prays for Baby Clara so often, and I know the Lord is listening to all our requests!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the picture of YouYou. She looks like such a big girl and a happy girl. Well, we will just keep praying for YouYou and see what the cath shows on the 21st. Little steps at a time...

    ReplyDelete
  3. Take it from us...GOD CAN PERFORM MIRACLES!
    Landen is our miracle child! Trust in him & lean on him, sit back and watch God work!
    Love to all,
    Heather Yell

    ReplyDelete
  4. I read Aimee's blog & I will be praying for the holes to be really tiny & that she won't have any problems. God is so good, you are following His will, and He will bless you for that!
    Nancy Hudspeth

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hey Big Sis (LOL)

    I am praying right a long with you for COMPLETE healing of YouYou's heart.

    She is such a reflection of God's glory and I just love her soooo much!

    And I love you too!

    I am gonna show up at your house one day...I promise I won't be screaming and having a meltdown like LOA day. :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh I am DEFINITELY praying with you and agreeing in prayer for a MIRACLE!!!!!!!!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I'm with you, Erica. Can we get together next week? I have some things to give You You. BTW-have you decided not to call her Clara?

    sherri

    ReplyDelete
  8. Erica, Please know that we are praying for YouYou and all of you. I know that God is performing miracles!

    Love, Aunt Melba

    ReplyDelete
  9. we will pray for miracles together !!! and we will stand strong and deep in our Faith if He chooses to send us on another journey ...

    ReplyDelete
  10. Hey, dear! We are praying and will continue to pray for a miracle. We serve a big God that can do anything. Love you tons!

    Joie

    ReplyDelete
  11. She looks so great! That outfit looks so cute on her. Still praying here!!

    Tina

    ReplyDelete
  12. Erica, We'll pray with you on this! YES HE CAN!!! She looks wonderful! I love, love those PINK lips! I must say she is one of the most beautiful little girls I have EVER seen. I bet she is a delight and a total JOY to your family!!! HUGS!!!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Erica, I have seen your daughter's blog before and I have been praying for her! She is beautiful. I just poured over your travel blog and it makes me even more excited to go! Thanks for your comment!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Yes, I surely will pray with you and for youyou. i found your blog through another Chinese adoption blog. I'm a stay at home mom and have been for the past 35 years. I got a little stir crazy after our youngest daughter got married. I love kids so I started reading Chinese adoption blogs. I always cry at "Gotcha Day" It's got to the point that when my wonderful hubby of 37 years, sees me crying my eyes out at the computer and says, "Another family got their baby??" Hubby and I are too old to adopt or believe me we would! But we already have another house full as we are helping to raise and homeschool our four youngest grandchildren aged 3,6,8, and 10!
    I will follow your blog diligently and pray on my knees for a happy ourcome for you and baby!

    God bless your family

    Miss Lila in Atlanta
    lilahuggins@gmail.com

    ReplyDelete